Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Sunday, August 29, 2010

In The Loop Two

Its been a busy week since getting back from Goodwood, some good reasons some not so good. One good reason though is that tomorrow morning we drive off into the sunrise for a 24 hour journey to Shetland. We are trying the ferry for the first time as we have a heap of stuff to take with us. We have a nine hour drive to Aberdeen and then a fourteen hour ferry trip! Overnight, so hopefully I will sleep through most of it. I'm not really a boat person so this is a big test for me.

The reason we are going is that on Thursday morning I am the opening keynote speaker at the In The Loop Two conference being held at the Shetland Museum. I have a 45 minute slot which is quite a long time to be talking! I am also official photographer for The Knitter which is rather exciting, so will be going everywhere with my camera round my neck to make sure I don't miss anything.

I will report back with a longer post on our return, but in the meantime wish me luck for my boat ride.

for now
Ruby xx

4 comments :

travelknitter said...

It sounds like such an amazing conference; looking forward to hearing about your trip.

flossieKNITS said...

14 hours on a boat! Good Luck! I don't envy you that part of the trip, but the rest sounds lovely.

Gudrun Johnston said...

I'm not a big boat person either but this one is totally fine and comfy!
Have a great trip...sorry to be missing the conference!

abby said...

looking forward to hearing about your adventures in Shetlandia. will put post link on my site - if that's ok?
abbyx