Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, September 27, 2010

A Stitch in Time Vol 2

I feel like I have been waiting a long time to get the chance to show you all this, but here is the first sneeky peek of the cover of Volume Two of A Stitch in Time.




Copyright Susan Crawford 2010
  




The  beautiful garment photographed is from the 1930s. The original was also black and silver and I really wanted to try and capture an almost black and white feel to the cover image. I also used some Hollywood style back lighting and of course, it wouldn't have looked half as good without my wonderful model, Theo. I have knitted the garment in Knitshop Mulberry Silk, which drapes beautifully and has a fabulous sheen, exactly what this particular garment needed.

Volume 2 will also contain 60 patterns divided up between the 30s, 40s and 50s in the same format as Volume 1. The book is not yet published but pre-ordering will be available soon with some special limited editions also to be announced.

I will start sharing more teasers with you all very soon.
for now 
Ruby xx

21 comments :

argylerabbit said...

I gasped rather loudly in the middle of my office when I saw this.

I really cannot wait!

Anushka said...

Brilliant -how exciting!

Mary Beth said...

Ruby, I love it...Theo looks great too. I cannot wait to see this book. I may have to get this one....

LA said...

That. Is. GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

That's really cool. Now I want to check out vol. 1

CD

Chrissy said...

What stunning cover. You are bound to draw in people who don't even know how to knit. I want this book already!

Anonymous said...

Gah!!! I've been coveting Vol. 1 for so long! Now I have another book to add to my wishlist. I can't wait to see a bit of what's inside.

Gudrun Johnston said...

So exciting....love it!

Andi said...

I'm so excited for this! I love Vol. 1, but I am really excited about this book having 50s patterns.

flossieKNITS said...

ACK I cannot WAIT!!! I got Vol 1 for Christmas last year; I hope it's out in time for Christmas this year!!!

Kya said...

Really really gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Wonderful - I can't wait. Am halfway through my first project from vol 1 and am really enjoying it.

Sarah said...

Swoon!

Mrs Juzzie Green said...

That's bloody exciting.
I'm sitting here covered in paint at the end of a long day- and then pow! vol ii on it way- yippee

Isobel said...

Yes that's beautiful and so 30s Hollywood.

Charlie Moon said...

i love it :D! cant wait to see the photos for all the other garments :)!

Camille said...

Awesome! I'm so excited!!!

Charlie Moon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just call me Ruby said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments. It really makes it all feel worthwhile

xxx

Unraveling Sophia said...

I just Can't Wait!!!!! I want this SOOOOOO bad!

Olga said...

It's too bad I couldn't go and see. I wish I lived in England, just to be able to see your work, Susan!!
Oh yes, I can't wait for the book, I'm buying this one. I absolutely love Volume 1, too.
Susan, thank you so much for your wonderful work, creativity, you're truly a inspiration!