Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

More exciting new things!

Over the last few months I've been working on a new range of kits to complement the books and individual patterns. As always, I'm a little bit late launching them! I had hoped they would be online for christmas but ...

However I have finally got the website edited to include a page all about the kits here and I am in the process of adding all the products to the knitonthenet shop so that customers can actually purchase them. Some are completely new designs and some have been been available as patterns previously.

Each kit comes in a lovely little eco-friendly jute bag, perfect for carrying your knitting around with you, any needles required (tied with some specially designed Susan Crawford ribbon), the required yarn in a choice of colours, pattern booklet and any notions required, such as buttons, ribbon or elastic.

Greta Turban Kit

There are currently 10 kits in the range with more to come. I've been getting lots of requests for the kits from yarn and vintage shops too so hopefully these little red knitting bags should be popping up at a LYS sometime soon.

The first kit which is also a new design, or should I say an enhancement of an old design, is the Greta Turban.

Copyright Arbour House Publishing 2010


I brought out a similar pattern to this in the very early days of knitonthenet but always felt it needed improving. The stitch used has stayed the same and the basic principle of a shaped strip being knitted then tied with a knot also remains. The design has moved on though as the turban now has a crown, elastic attached at the back to hold it in place and a secured front knot, so much more a hat than a scarf. Perfect for those bad hair days or when you're in a Land Girl frame of mind!

Copyright Arbour House Publishing 2010

The kit includes 2 balls of Baby Rooster yarn, knitting needles, elastic, the pattern booklet  and project bag for £25.00

You can purchase the kit via the knitonthenet shop or see some more information at the susancrawford website. The pattern will also be available as a PDF download very shortly.

I've a heck of a lot of things to show over the next few weeks so I'm going to try and increase the number of blog posts but if I don't get there as quickly as promised please bear with me!

for now
Ruby xx

All Images Copyright Arbour House Publishing
Photographs by Susan Crawford

3 comments :

Lauren Hairston said...

Very cool! I love the color selection.

Unknown said...

I'm having a bad hair day...

flossieKNITS said...

so cute, I love it!