Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Retro sweater


This is taking a long time but I think it will be worth it. I'm using an old vogue knitting magazine from the late 1950's for this sweater with this wonderful 4-row slip stitch. I'm using Jo Sharp Classic DK wool. The stitch takes alot of yarn but creates this gorgeous texture. I have one sleeve to go, but with them being raglans they're taking forever. I don't about sss standing for second sock syndrome, I think it should be second sleeve syndrome.

1 comment :

dqb said...

hey ruby, i know this post is a couple of month old...but i really loved the pattern! do you mind posting how you did it?
thanks a lot
Dominique (from argentina)