1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
love natural fibres, wool, cotton, bamboo etc. Not a fan of synthetics particularly fancy yarns like eyelash
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have jars and jugs some which used to belong to my greatgrandmother, others i've picked up at second hand shops.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Have been knitting as long as I can remember.I guess I'm an advanced knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I do, with nearly 100 titles on the wishlist!
5. What's your favorite scent? ooh, boudoir by vivienne westwood and one by Agent Provocateur and Chanel no 5
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? not really, by like chocolate with nuts in.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, sew, embroider, paint, tart up old furniture. I don't spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) alsorts, use mp3 a lot. Am open to most things except thrash type metal and rap. Have been listening to Jarvis Cocker, The Zutons, Amy Winehouse, old blues
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?I guess greens of all shades and hues. Not a fan of lilac.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets, one daughter.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?wear scarves, hats and mittens. Not ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters and cardigans
13. What are you knitting right now? a short sleeved sweater based on a 1930's pattern.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? love them
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? both straight or circular. Much prefer bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? have a yarn winder, planning to get a swift
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Only about a year.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Santiago de compostela in Northern Spain.
19. Is there anything that you collect? knitting books, art books, cookery books, fabric, yarn, clothes, greetings cards, wrapping paper.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? subscribe to interweave and vogue knitting. Would love to get my hands on Adorn mag (can't get in uk). See amazon list for books - its endless. Yarns would love anything not easily found in the uk.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Anything I don't know.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Knit socks occasionally. Just under 10 inches.
23. When is your birthday? 12th June