Thought I was going to miss out on SP11 as my registration went missing but Jenni has very kindly sorted it all out for me and I'm finally ready to go. Here is my questionnaire.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Wool, silk, wool/silk blends, alpaca, alpaca blends, cottons, cotton mixes, alternative natural fibres except unfortunately for hemp which makes me sneeze terribly whilst knitting. Also am in love with Habu. Do not like synthetics or novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Jugs and tins. I collect old jugs and use them for storage
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Have knitted as long as I can remember, probably from about six. Was taught by nan, Ruby. I would say advanced really.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes, an amazon wishlist
5. What's your favorite scent?
Vivienne Westwood - Boudoir and Agent Provocateur - Maitress
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Not a big sweet tooth. Favorite is dark chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Don't spin, but crochet, sew, embroider, renovate furniture, decorate, cook.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Have MP3 facilities. Big fan of indie music, all sorts of things. Biggest fave at the moment is Jarvis Cocker's latest album. Have a big list of music likes on my myspace - justcallmeruby - myspace.com (not co.uk)
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorite colours change but green always wins in the end, and teal blues, burnt orange, warm greys, also naturals creams and beiges if pink based rather than yellow. Don't like lilac at all.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One teenage daughter and husband, No pets unfortunately.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, no.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
sweaters and cardigans, but will knit anything
13. What are you knitting right now?
Too many things, several garments, hats, gloves. Reworking a number of vintage patterns at the moment, resizing etc for today's market.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Prefer circular, preferably wood.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Have a yarn winder and am hoping to get a swift very soon.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Its getting older as found a UFO recently that had forgotten. Probably 2 to 3 years I'm afraid
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Lake district, snowdonia, Santiago in northern Spain, London, New York. big cities and big open countryside
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Is there anything I don't collect? Love collecting buttons, patterns, vintage fabrics, jugs, ribbon, lace, greetings cards, books, magazines, yarn, old crockery, could go on for ever.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
subscribe to interweave, vogue, knit 1, rowan. Vintage pattern books I'm always on the lookout for. Would particularly like the new Veronik Avery when it comes out and the knit knit book. I'm also waiting for Rowan studio 6
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Any that I don't know yet.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Try to be a sock knitter, just don't get enough time. My foot is just on 10 inches long! (big feet)
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes. ID is just call me ruby
Gosh that took a long time. Have been having a bit of trouble posting photos over the last couple of days but have a pile of FO's and WIP's coming up, especially some lovely photos from www.knitonthenet.com issue 3 and two new free patterns.