Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yellow Jumper

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I think a lovely way to preserve the last remnants of a cherished
handknitted garment and to show it in its original form.

I have a fairisle tank of my daughter' from when she was three -
she has just turned 15 (my baby, how has it happened?)
- and several photos of her in it. I think I shall create
some sort of collage with them all for her to keep. More on this
shortly. I shall go back to the attic for a photo hunt.

for now

Ruby xx

4 comments :

Connie said...

That's a great idea. What a wonderful way to preserve a treasured, but no longer useable knit.

Iris G said...

Your attic is so full of treasure--did you ever go to Hogwarts :-)?

Kim in Oregon said...

What a lovely idea! I don't have children but I know of several friends who would love a gift like this!

Robin said...

That's a great idea!! Very unique and interesting!