Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Feeling positive and A Stitch in Time

Spoke to dad and he is feeling very positive. He has already started dealing with things to make sure he gets prompt, correct treatment. So I am determined to be positive too.

I got up really early this morning and enjoyed a gloriously sunny warm start to the day. Had several cups of tea and finished off the first of my gloves

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It looked really really small as I was knitting and sewing it up but it fits beautifully when I put it on. Now I've figured out how the fingers work I'll try and photograph the process on the second one as its really interesting, especially as I've only ever made gloves on dpn's before.

The lace pattern looks lovely on the back of the glove. I don't know whether I should embellish it at all or should I leave it as is?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I've made the little finger very slightly too long so may have to adjust it, or grow my fingernail longer!

I can now officially say that I am helping knitonthenet with the republication of 'A Stitch in Time' by Jane Waller. Its a real favorite of mine with lots of original patterns going from the 1920's to the 1940's. I will be helping with knitting, technical editing, pattern corrections etc.

This glove pattern is in the book and the gloves will be being rephotographed and used in the book.

Its extremely exciting and will certainly help to keep me focused.

Finally thank you for everyone's supportive comments. They have really helped me. My stomach is still quietly churning but I'm keeping my mind busy.

for now

Ruby xxx

1 comment :

ofpinsandneedles said...

The glove is beautiful as is! I think beads might make it too pretty pretty. And less practical too (I speak as someone who has only found one bracelet in the world that doesn't get in the way of everything, and that only because I started to wear it to please my mum and eleven years later it is still on!). I guess if you photographed it with and without beads people would have the choice. I would love it without, especially in that beautiful yarn.

Such exciting news about the book! Well done! I look forward very much to seeing it.