Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Sunday, July 29, 2007

A little update on dad

I'm very happy to say things could be a lot worse than it has turned out. There is a long road ahead but no where near as bad as I had been expecting. First step is sorting out the deterioration in his heart. An artery is furred up so he requires a by pass. Once that is done his general condition should improve a lot. The cancer is only slight (if that's an appropriate phrase) and as prostate cancer is extremely slow moving nothing is going to happen for the next three months to enable the heart to be dealt with and made stronger. I am hoping this means that there will be treatments available to him then that are not now due to the weakness of his heart.

So he went and bought my mum a car as she hasn't driven for way too long and has got her behind the wheel again. He's being very sensible and facing reality. Lets hope its just the first positive step of many.

for now
Ruby xx

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him. It's a relief it's slow-moving. xx