Vintage Knitting, Retro Dressmaking, Make do and Mend, Original and Vintage Inspired Knitting Patterns, Vintage Inspired books

Monday, July 16, 2007

Unexpected knitting

No 1

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is the work of the amazing Giles Deacon featured again in Vogue. The knitting looks so organic and the model looks like awoodland elf. Again what size needles and what type of yarn has been used baffles and intrigues me.

Tonight has been frustrating. My shoulder is still bad and I just have to rest it when its likes this and it will pass. If I push it, it will be bad for ages. I've been doing some maths for the textured jacket and have altered the shaping slightly on the front shaping and should have the finished charts ready tomorrow night, but alas no knitting.

No 2

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have finally got myself a copy of Debbie New's book Unexpected Knitting. It is quit amazing. She recommends covering a chapter a week familiarising yourself with the techniques she shows which include scribble lace, swirl knitting, virtual knitting, CELLULAR AUTOMATION knitting and OUROBORUS knitting. The last two are at the end of the book so please don't ask me what they are yet. I don't know if I'll manage a chapter a week but I shall show my progress on my blog.

And finally, I've got my page on Ravelry. Haven't got a lot on there yet as it requires a lot of time and organisation but I'll get there.

Getting pins and needles in my hand so am going to have to leave it there.

for now

night night, sleep tight,
mind the bud begs dont bite.

Ruby xx

No comments :